There are many reasons why you should take care of your laptop. Number one is that it's a major investment for most people and you would probably like to keep it running for as long as possible. Here are ways of extending the life of your laptop and keep productivity high.
- A clean computer runs faster and lasts longer when files are properly stored. Running defragmenters will help ensure that your files are located at the right place on the hard drive and should boost the overall speed of your computer.
- Clean up old files. When you install/uninstall software frequently it can leave many unwanted files in temporary and system folders.
- Scan for viruses. Viruses can cause your computer to be slow or not work at all. You should always have a good virus scanner installed and keep it up to date. Some well-known virus scanners are Norton, McAfee, and AVG.4.
- Clean out the dust. Computers are notorious for accumulating dust. Every once and a while you should open it up and clean it out. This can be done with a vacuum cleaner or a can of dust remover.
- Keep your PC cool. You should always make sure that you keep your computer in a well-ventilated area. By doing this you help keep the PC cool and, therefore, will prolong the life of your hardware.
- Keep your laptop safe by using one of our portable workstations. Worky’s The Home Office offers a more expansive hard-shell case that keeps your laptop safe and workstation discrete. The Office Everywhere is our 2.6 lb version that is built for those that enjoy a more on-the-go work lifestyle.
These are just a few little tips to help you keep your computer safe and efficient for a long time.